Aside from being known for having a superb selection of high quality produce and a wide array of goods as well as fantastic customer service, Meijer is also known for pioneering the concept of modern supercenters back in the sixties. Today, Meijer is one of the biggest supercenter chains in the Midwest alongside Walmart and Target.
Headquartered in Walker, Michigan, Meijer currently has over 240 supercenters across six states (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois and Wisconsin) with Michigan having the most number of locations in all of America.
In 2016, Meijer started to partner up with Shipt to offer grocery delivery service to their customers. This made it very easy and convenient for Meijer shoppers to do their routine grocery run. Before that,, Meijer launched the curbside pickup service for customers who wish to save a bit of time by removing the “browsing through the aisles'' part of grocery shopping. Given how busy we tend to be with our everyday lives, services like Meijer’s curbside pickup and grocery delivery services have gone from being a luxury to a necessity.
Of course, the biggest benefit of having your groceries delivered is the convenience. However, there are plenty more perks you can enjoy when you avail of services like this. For example, having your groceries delivered allows you to save on gas by cutting your weekly trips from home to the store and back. It allows you to do your grocery shopping anytime and anywhere and then have it scheduled for delivery when you're available to receive it at home. It also keeps you from buying things impulsively and exceeding your budget since you’ll be able to see your bill rack up in real time as you add more things to your cart.
If you’re someone who leaves home anyway to go to work or school, but would like to save a bit of time and energy, you can choose to pick up your groceries at the store instead. Just place your order online and pick it up at your preferred time. This is especially helpful for those who would like to minimize their contact with and exposure to other people considering the current pandemic. Grocery pick-up also eliminates the need to stand in line for a long time when checking out, too!
Table of content
1. Meijer free curbside grocery pickup
What is Meijer grocery pickup?
Curbside grocery pickup is a service offered by Meijer supercenter to its customers who wish to do their grocery shopping online and drive by the store at a later time to pick up their groceries. You can place your order online of via the Meijer app or on the Meijer website (www.meijer.com).
How does Meijer curbside pickup work?
Placing your grocery order and scheduling it for pickup at a Meijer store near you is easy. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Open the Meijer app on your phone or go to the Meijer website (https://www.meijer.com/services/more-ways-to-meijer.html) and click on delivery/pickup at the top left side of your screen. Sign in to your mPerks account by entering your email address and your password. If you are a new customer, you will need to create an account first.
- Once signed in, you can start shopping. You can use the search bar to type in the brand/name of a specific product you're looking for or you can browse the store's inventory by using the "Shop Departments" feature found on the left of the search bar.
- When you're done adding items to your virtual cart, you can proceed to checkout by clicking on the cart icon on the top right corner of your browser window.
- Click on "View Cart" to open your shopping cart and proceed to the check out page.
- Review the items in your cart and make any necessary changes. Next, enter your pick-up information and payment details and click on "Continue." Select a pick-up schedule. You can place your orders up to 5 days in advance. Pick-up schedules are from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Click "Continue" then "Checkout" when you're done. All mPerks digital coupons and rewards are automatically applied to your cart, making the process even faster and easier.
- That's it! Now all you have to do is show up at the store's designate pickup area on the date and time you reserved to pick up your groceries.
Note: You can edit your cart up to 3.5 hours before the scheduled pickup time in case you missed something or need to change something in your order. To do this, log back in to your account, click on the Account dropdown menu, and click "Order History" or by clicking the "Edit Order" link on the top right side of your screen. You can add items, remove items, or edit your preferred pick-up time using this feature. Just click on "Update Order" when you're done.
Is Meijer grocery pickup free?
Yes. Meijer offers free pickup on all orders above $50.
How much does it cost for curbside pickup at Meijer?
For orders below $50, a minimal pickup fee of $4.95 will apply.
Where is Meijer grocery pickup available?
According to MLive, in an article posted on October 16, 2020, the grocery pickup service is available in all Meijer store locations.
Do you tip curbside pickup at Meijer?
No, pickup orders completed by a Meijer team member cannot have a tip added to them.
2. Meijer grocery delivery
What Is Meijer Grocery Delivery?
The Grocery Delivery service offered by Meijer has been around since 2016. Like the Store Pickup service, this allows shoppers to do their shopping and place their orders online (either on the app or via the Meijer website) and then have their items delivered to their doorsteps to save them time and energy.
How do I order groceries from Meijer for delivery?
You can shop for groceries and place your order online via the Meijer app or through Meijer's website. Here's how you can have your order scheduled for delivery.
- Open the Meijer app on your phone or go to the Meijer website and click on delivery/pickup at the top left side of your screen. Sign in to your mPerks account by entering your email address and your password. If you are a new customer, you will need to create an account first.
- Once you're signed in, you can start adding items to your cart. Use the search bar and type in the name/brand of a product if you're looking for something specific. Otherwise, you can also use the "Shop Departments" feature which is found to the left of the search bar.
- Once you've added everything that you need to your cart, click on the cart icon on the top right corner of the page. This will show you your running balance and a quick overview of your cart. Click on "View Cart."
- Click on "Delivery" and make any necessary changes you need to make to your cart such as removing items or changing item quantity. Once you're done, click on "Checkout."
- Enter your delivery and contact details and click on "Continue."
- On the next page, you can pick the delivery schedule for your order. Orders for delivery can be placed up to three days in advance. Same day delivery is available but availability depends on demand. Once you've made your choice, a dialog box will appear asking if it's okay to deliver your orders earlier if an earlier time opens up. Select "Yes" or "No" and click "Save."
- Enter your payment details and click "Continue" then click on "Check Out" to place your order and you're done. Be sure to be home at the time and date you picked for delivery to receive your order.
How much does Meijer charge to deliver groceries?
Meijer charges a flat fee of $9.95 for every delivery order.
For those who are doing their Meijer shopping via Shipt, a delivery fee of $7 applies on orders below $35.
Is Meijer grocery delivery free?
Meijer grocery delivery via Shipt is free for orders above $35. You can also opt to sign up for a $99/year Shipt membership which gives you unlimited free delivery on orders above $35 for a whole year.
Do you tip delivery driver at Meijer?
Yes, tipping your shopper is highly encouraged. After your grocery delivery transaction is completed, you will receive an email from Meijer to rate and tip your shopper. Follow the prompts to leave your tip.
Another way to do this is sign back in to your account and go to "Order History" where you'll see an option to tip your shopper.
Where is Meijer grocery delivery available?
Meijer grocery delivery is available in all Meijer store locations via the Meijer App, the Meijer website, Shipt, or Instacart.
Pros & Cons of Meijer Grocery Delivery
Meijer's grocery delivery service has been around for quite some time now, but the current pandemic has made it more of a necessity for everyone than the luxury that it used to be. This service has a ton of advantages that everyone, especially during these difficult times, can truly benefit from though there's no denying that it has a few downsides to it as well.
- Lets you plan your groceries in advance - if you’re the kind of person who likes to plan in advance, you’ll love having this service available for you. Do your grocery shopping on a weekend to get the task out of the way and schedule it for delivery whenever you want.
- Allows you to go grocery shopping wherever you are - sometimes you get stuck at work or in traffic and think “I could be grocery shopping right now.” With grocery delivery services, you could shop from anywhere at any time and simply have your groceries scheduled for delivery whenever you like.
- Saves you gas - since you won’t be driving from home to the store and back, you’ll be able to save quite a significant amount of money on gas when you opt to have your groceries delivered as well. Most stores even offer free delivery when you reach a certain amount.
- Minimizes your contact and exposure to people - since the pandemic, people have been looking for ways to keep their contact and exposure to people at a minimum. When you have your groceries delivered, the only person outside of your usual circle that you’ll be interacting with is the delivery driver who will be bringing your groceries to you. Some stores even have a contactless delivery option.
- Keeps you from buying impulsively - having your groceries delivered means shopping for your groceries online, either via an app or through the store’s website. One of the biggest advantages of doing this is that you get to avoid impulse buying since you’ll be able to see the bill you’re racking up real time and you’ll be able to review your cart before checking out as well.
- No control over quality - while shoppers do their best to give you nothing but the best, there are times when little things like dented cans or slightly overripe bananas go unnoticed.
- Extra fees can add up to a significant amount - tips, delivery fees, service fees, and other types of fees that are associated with grocery delivery may seem minimal when you're placing a one-off order. However, if you have your groceries delivered regularly, these fees can accumulate and add up to a rather significant amount.
Can I use a coupon with Meijer curbside pickup and grocery delivery?
Yes, you can! Log in to your mPerks accounts to view all coupons that are available for you. Clip the ones that you like (or all of them) to add them to your account. All mPerks rewards and valid coupons are automatically applied to your order upon checkout, saving you both time and money!
Does Meijer mark up grocery prices for online pickup / delivery orders?
One of the things that sets Meijer apart from other stores is that they keep the prices on their items online the same as the ones in-store. No price markups are applied for both pickup and delivery orders, unless you're shopping at Meijer via Shipt or Instacart.
You can also check out deals and coupons sites like Every Pay Joy for special deals and coupons that you can use when you shop at Meijer.
How to Choose Between Grocery Pickup or Delivery
Choosing between grocery pickup and delivery is simple and easy. Both services are great and really beneficial to those who don't have a lot of time to go into the store and take a leisurely walk across the aisles while searching for products they want and need.
Can't leave home? Instead of ordering fast food for delivery, have your groceries delivered instead! You can place your order online and wait for your shopper to bring them right to your doorstep. It's much cheaper and healthies than fast food delivery and you get to buy non-food essentials as well!
If you are able to leave home but can't or don't want to go inside the grocery store and deal with long lines and confusing aisles, choose pickup! Do your shopping online from your phone or your computer and a store team member will do the picking and packing for you. All you have to do is show up at the pickup area and collect the goods then bring them home.
Can I pay with cash for Meijer grocery pickup?
Meijer accepts all major US credit and debit cards, including reloadable MasterCards and Visas, for payments on grocery pickup and delivery orders.
Unfortunately, there is no option to pay with cash for pickup orders.