Martin’s Supermarkets has long served customers and offered a wide range of grocery products. The store was established in 1947 and now has 20 stores in Indiana and Michigan.
Shopping at Martin’s supermarkets is fun. But you can make the experience better with savings, which you can have by using Martin’s weekly ad. We’ll talk about it in this article.
Martin’s Food Market Ad & Preview
What is the Martin’s Weekly Ad?
A shopping connoisseur knows to look for promos and deals before buying anywhere. But where do you find those?
You can find great deals in Martin’s weekly ad if you’re shopping at Martin’s. It’s basically an ad that contains Martin’s sales this week.
It works the same way as most weekly ads of other stores. Thus, you’ll find it easy to navigate, and you’ll enjoy all the promos it has to offer.
Does Martin’s Have a Monthly Ad?
Some stores have a monthly ad, which is perfect for long-term budgeting. Unfortunately, there is no Martin’s monthly ad.
However, the website is constantly updated with the latest promos. Thus, you can visit it anytime to find deals you can use.
What Makes the Martin’s Weekly Ad Unique?
Although Martin’s sales ad is similar to other stores, certain aspects stand out. You can learn about them here:
1. No Side Bar
Most weekly ads are interactive. You click on them, and usually, a sidebar appears containing more information about the offer.
Martin’s ad for the week is also interactive. But instead of a sidebar, a pop-up box appears when you hover over a product.
The pop-up usually shows a closeup picture of the item, promo duration, product name, and the previous and current prices. If the deal is a coupon, a button in the pop-up allows you to clip the voucher.
In a way, the pop-up is more convenient than the usual sidebar. It takes up less space so the page can have a side menu beside the ad.
2. Requires a Location
To open and view a weekly ad, you must provide your address or select Martin’s store location first. It’s a quick process, so it isn’t much of a hassle.
It’s also interesting to note that most companies that require a location have ads that vary per store. However, there isn’t much difference between the weekly ads of different Martin’s branches.
Still, it’s a good idea to input your address or at least the store you frequent. That way, you’ll get an ad that is most accurate to you.
3. It’s Quite Long
Compared to other ads, the weekly ad for Martin’s is quite lengthy. It can go up to 12 pages, so there’s a lot of variety for promos and deals.
Having many pages makes the ad more organized. For instance, page 2 is dedicated to the produce market. Thus, all you’ll see there are vegetables, fruits, or flowers.
Meanwhile, page 4 is for the meat department. So, if you’re looking for bacon on sale, you can proceed there.
4. Two Display Options
You can view the Martin’s ad in two ways:
- Circular – This looks like the traditional weekly ad. That is, products are arranged – like a collage – in pages. You can print it; it’ll look like a Martin’s flyer.
- Grid – This one is more modern and interactive. Items are arranged in a grid (per the name), and you can easily add items to your cart. There’s also a navigational menu on the left side, so you can quickly search for a particular product.
Switching between the two options is easy. Just look to the top right of the ad, and you’ll see two buttons.
The one that looks like a tag is for the circular view. Meanwhile, the one that looks like a grid of
boxes is for the grid view.
Just click on the button you like. These buttons are also beside the printer button, which is for easily printing the ad’s PDF version.
How to Use the Martin’s Weekly Ad
Find Martin’s deals this week with these steps:
- Proceed to Martin’s website.
- Open the side menu by clicking the Menu button on the top left.
- Find “Weekly Ad” and click on it.
- Provide your address or select the Martin’s store you frequent.
- Once directed to the weekly ad page, switch between grid and circular views by clicking on the grid or tag buttons on the top right.
- If you view the circular version, scroll up and down to see the offers.
- Hover over an item for the pop-up info box to appear.
- You can click on an item to find a bigger pop-up box with more product variants. “Add to cart” buttons will also be found inside that box.
- The button to clip coupons will appear when you either hover or click on a product. Remember to use the button so you can keep the vouchers!
- There are numbers on top and below the ad. They are the pages, and you can click on them to proceed to a specific page.
- There’s a search bar above the ad. You can use that to find specific products.
- You can also scroll up and down the page to course through the entire selection. You can also adjust the number of items per page via the per-page dropdown menu.
- Next to the per-page dropdown menu, another dropdown menu allows you to decide how to sort the products. For instance, you can arrange them by price or popularity.
- At the end of the page, a line of numbers will indicate the page you are in. Like the circular version, you can click on a number to proceed to that page.
- The “Clip Coupon” and “Add to Cart” buttons can be seen immediately with the product. But if you want to see more variants of an item, click on the product image.
- On the ad’s left side is a filter or navigational menu. You can use those to find specific products, such as seafood.
How to Save While Shopping at Martin’s
Here are other things you should do to save money while shopping at Martin’s Super Markets:
1. Join the Text Club
Get first and exclusive knowledge of Martin’s deals and promos by joining the company’s Text Club. As the name implies, you’ll receive regular announcements about special activities and sales events via text.
It’s easy to join the text club: simply text MARTINS to 45364. Don’t forget to keep the messages you’ll receive – you might need them at redemption.
2. Take Advantage of Fuel Rewards
Going to any Martin’s Super Market costs gas if you take your car. To offset that expense, use the company’s Fuel Rewards system.
You’re entitled to gas deductions if you purchase an item at Martin’s with a yellow fuel savings circle. However, they only apply to Martin’s fuel or partner centers.
Also, present your card every time you get gas at Martin’s fuel center. You’ll get points, which you can redeem later.
3. Utilize Digital Coupons
The weekly ad already features several coupons. However, they’re mostly limited to the duration of the ad.
To find more coupons, visit the Digital Coupon page of Martin’s website. It has a wide array of coupons, some lasting two weeks or more.
However, you’ll need a digital account before you can save or clip these coupons.
4. Get a Martin’s Advantage Card
The Martin’s Advantage Card may not seem like a necessity. But it is if you’re a frequent Martin’s shopper.
You’re missing out on all of these if you don’t get this card:
- Exclusive savings on select items
- Fuel rewards savings
- Bloom of the Month options
- Digital coupons (some of which are exclusive)
Signing up for this card is easy. You can do it online or in-store, and you don’t have to pay anything.
5. Shop on Senior Wednesdays
Are you 55 years old or above? Or do you know a shopper of that age?
If you say yes to any of those questions, you’ll find Martin’s Senior Wednesdays an exciting deal. Every Wednesday, a senior who is an Advantage cardholder gets a 10% discount.
There are a few exclusions and conditions to this deal. For instance, seniors can only avail of it once a week.
Furthermore, the offer does not apply to these items:
- Gift cards
- Items on the circular (i.e., weekly ad)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who Is the CEO of Martin’s Supermarket?
The latest known CEO of Martin’s Supermarket was Rob Bartels. He sat at the helm of the company during the sellout to SpartanNash.
The deal, which happened from 2018 to 2019, was quite controversial. Employees and shoppers were worried about the changes that would have occurred, but Bartels assured them that things would remain the same.
Who Founded Martin’s Supermarket?
Jane and Martin Tarnow founded Martin’s Supermarket in 1947. They opened the first store in South Bend, Indiana.
For decades, the chain was family-owned and managed. However, in 2019, it was officially acquired by SpartanNash.
How Can I Save a Lot of Money With Coupons?
You can save a lot of money with coupons by using all that can be applied to your purchase. Thus, it’s ideal to clip as many as possible so you don’t miss any savings.
You can save even more with coupon stacking. However, that is not allowed at Martin’s – only one coupon per item is accepted.
Do You Need a Membership for Martins?
Membership is not necessary to shop at Martin’s Supermarkets. However, it is essential if you order items online.
You’ll also need it to save or clip coupons. It’s also advantageous as there are rewards and promos exclusive to members.
How Do I Get a Martin’s Card?
You can get a Martin’s Advantage card online or in-store. Payment is not necessary. The only requirements are name, email, address, contact details, and preferred store.